Currently the platforms I'm looking into are:
- My God they ported SDL to everything
- Probably not going to use this unless I can find a way of making use of the UIQ 2 OpenQub GUI builder
- Java ME (Midlets)
- These will run on anything
- Here is a cool guide to getting them running on your maemo device
- This will be interesting as I will only be able to use a fraction of the API that I'm used to having
- Apparently early versions of this can run on UIQ
- Looks good for prototyping but not sure if it will be very useful
- Basically QT only relies on the core part of the Symbian OS that both UIQ and S60 symbian phones have in common. So if I get it compiling I should be able to jump into QT creator and develop a nice QT app. Albeit with an older version of QT.
- The P1i has an impressive display of emulators which can all be developed for
- Sega Mega Drive
- Game Boy
- Obviously some of these aren't practical but then again some might be.
Anyway maybe something useful for others will come out of the server side stuff or there's a couple of people who still love UIQ devices out there who will see this post.
Post a Comment