After new years and things had quieted down a bit in life, I started to play about with it more:
- Setup email
- Install Humble Bundle for Android games
- Add more than just an album or two to the music library
- Use the Maps app
- Write software for the device (because this blog isn't called software on the side for nothing)
- etc ...
- Some music didn't get indexed properly and wouldn't show up in the media app
- Sound stopped working for android apps
- Camera didn't work for android apps
- MTP is a bit flakey(not sure if this is a Jolla problem or and issue with my Kubuntu install)
I recommend you check out tracker-control on the command line it seemed to work for some people over at together.jolla.com. It only worked partially for me so I wrote a little bash to generate play-lists for artists which the indexer didn't pick properly.
Too fully understand this have a look at the PLS format it's not a very interesting read but if you ever want to create a PLS file without a media application it may be of some use.
Sound issue for Android Apps:
You need to become root using devel-su and then run this :
to restart the alien dalvik VM.
MTP File Transfer Issues:
- Ubuntu One for Android